Installing Andi Mini Brick and Stone
This product is very versatile for installing realistic miniature brick and stone to a one-inch (1:12) scale dollhouse; thus giving it additional detail and extra dimension. Andi Mini Brick and Stone is made of high-density casting plaster and is a solid color throughout. The miniature bricks can easily be trimmed to fit with a knife or scissors. Imagine the possibilities: foundations, patios, chimneys, wells, etc. (all in miniature)!!
FOR BEST RESULTS USE WITH BRICK & STONE MORTAR MIX DESIGNED FOR MINIATURES
Directions for Application (be sure to read through instructions before beginning your project):
- When creating a simple straight line brick pattern, glue bricks to surface beginning at the bottom of your project (i.e., foundation, chimney or fireplace base).
For more complicated designs and patterns, it's a good idea to create a drawing of your plan to use as reference as you install the bricks.
- Glue bricks to surface using a good quality adhesive (such as Aleene's, Multi-Grip, Magna-Tac, or Grrrip).
- Be sure to keep horizontal lines level along each course.
- Have wood strips available to use as spacers for each row of bricks as well as between brick sides (1/32" to 1/16" thick stripwood would work good for this purpose, depending on your preferred mortar joint thickness).
- Be sure that you alternate each course to form the typical brick pattern found in building construction.
- Coat bricks with a non-yellowing polyurethane or a clear sealer.
- Let dry overnight.
- With a foam brush push mortar into spaces between bricks.
- Gently wipe off excess mortar with a damp sponge.
- Let bricks and mortar sit for a minimum 24 hours before anything is placed on or glued