What Scale Do I Have?
One-inch scale (also called 1/12 or 1:12 scale) means 1 inch equals a foot or twelve inches. If your adult dolls are 5 to 6 inches tall or your doll house rooms are about 8 to 10 inches tall, you have 1 inch scale or 1:12 scale miniatures.
Half Scale (also called 1:24 or 1/24 scale) means 1/2 inch equals a foot. Again, the example: If your adult dolls are 2-1/2 to 3 inches tall and your rooms are 5 to 6 inches high you have half scale.
Dollhouse Miniatures also come in Quarter Scale (1:48) and Dollhouse for Dollhouse Scale (1:144), but these are very tiny scales that are more popular with long-time miniaturists and miniature crafters. Similar to 1" and 1/2" scale, 1/4" (also called 1:48 scale) means 1/4 inch equals a foot. Adult dolls are 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" tall and rooms are generally 2-1/2" to 3" high. Dollhouse for Dollhouse (or 144th) Scale is exactly what its name says. These wonderful minis can fit in a full size teacup or your 1" scale dollhouse!
One-inch scale is probably the most popular scale, but the smaller scales are gaining popularity among long-time miniaturists who are running out of space!
With Which Scale Should I Start?
Half scale takes up much less space, but does not provide the same detail you get with One Inch scale. There is also a better selection of 1" scale items (furniture and accessories) at this time; however, current demand for half scale items is generating a greater selection of the smaller scale. Unfortunately, half scale items aren't half the price of their 1" scale counterpart. Generally speaking, both scales are similarly priced.
How Often Do You Update Your Website?
The inventory on our website automatically updates with each order coming in and going out. We have ready access to a larger selection of inventory than is on our website. We do not have virtual stock. Our experience has been that often while listed as available via our vendors it is not always the case. So rather than "tease" you with inventory, we publish only what we have or are certain we can acquire in a short period of time. If you are looking for something you do not see on our website, please contact us and we will do our best to stock it as soon as possible. New stock is uploaded to the website as it is entered into our inventory and published. Unfortunately, while we do our best to maintain accurate levels, once in a while the stock level on an item may be inaccurate.
When can I Expect My Order to Ship?
We try to ship orders within 48 hours, but if for some reason we are unable to do so, we will contact you via email to let you know why. While most orders are generally delivered within 3-7 days of shipment there are times when the shipments may be delayed. Once we have deposited your order with the post office we have no control of the time schedule.
What does my "Order Status" Mean?
As your order goes through our system, you will receive email updates along the way. The order statuses that we use most commonly on our website (and what they mean) are:
- Awaiting Fulfillment - We have received your order and we are gathering the items (or will do so presently); should we discover an item missing from our inventory we will attempt to restock. If we are unable to do so, we will send you an email informing you of the issue.
- Awaiting Shipment - We have gathered all the items for your order and have (or are in the process) of packaging them for shipment. Once we have delivered your order to the post office, we will change the status to "shipped" or "partially shipped."
- Partially Shipped - Pretty much what it says, we have pulled together everything we had in stock and if we were unable to restock a missing item, we shipped what we could and refunded you for any missing item(s).
- Shipped - Your order has been delivered to the post office in its entirety and the tracking number assigned. You will be able to track your number from your account within our system. You should also receive tracking information via Stamps.com (be sure to check your spam file in your email account).
- Refunded - When we refund your order for whatever reason, your order will be marked as such.
- Partially Refunded - If we were unable to restock a missing item, or a partial refund was issued (for any number of reasons), our system will automatically mark your order as partially refunded. Often times, this status will be overridden by "Partially Shipped" once your order has been delivered to the post office and the tracking number assigned. You will be able to look at your account and see why a partial refund was issued.
Can I Make a Purchase Using a Check or Money Order?
Yes, just call the shop with the items you would like to purchase and we will ship those items when we receive your check or money order. Payment by check or money order must be made within 7 days or items will be returned to stock.
Does Jeepers have a Catalog?
Not at this time. Our inventory and availability changes constantly, which makes it difficult to have a current catalog. If you are looking for something that you don't see online, you can email or call us with your request. We'll do what we can to find it or something comparable.